Brad D. Rose
7 Times Square
New York, NY 10036-6569
Brad D. Rose is a partner in the Firm, Chairman of the Intellectual Property Group and a member of the Firm's Executive Committee. Brad specializes in the procurement, protection, exploitation and enforcement of intellectual property rights and is also actively engaged in litigating complex corporate and commercial litigation. Brad’s client roster includes media companies, recording artists, actors and athletes; fashion designers, apparel and beauty companies; as well as trademark licensors/licensees involved in a multitude of different consumer product and service businesses.
Brad’s extensive expertise in formulating, implementing and executing trademark clearance, trademark prosecution, trademark licensing and overall brand protection strategies on a worldwide basis routinely involves:
- Worldwide trademark and copyright prosecutions
- Negotiating and drafting trademark licensing deals including product and service license agreements, celebrity endorsements, collaborations and joint ventures
- Civil and criminal prosecution of trademark infringers and counterfeiters
- Pursuing cybersquatters both in federal court and in ICANN arbitration proceedings
- Prosecuting and defending trademark and copyright infringement actions
Brad is routinely recognized in national publications as one of the top ten trademark attorneys in the United States. In 2013 and 2014, he was named among the Top 100 Lawyers in the field of Intellectual Property Law by Super Lawyers© Magazine—Metro edition.
For a representative sample of those clients for whom Brad regularly undertakes brand licensing, brand protection and/or trademark prosecution matters, please click here.
Brad is a 1985 graduate of Hofstra University School of Law, where he was a member of the Law Review. He is AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale Hubbell’s highest peer recognition for ethical standards and legal ability.
- Lord Day & Lord, Associate (1987-89)
- Kreindler & Relkin, Associate (1985-87)
- Co-author (with Howard Siegel), FTC Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising, Pryor Cashman Legal Update (November 2009)
- Author, Taking Ownership of Company Interests, Royaltie$ (June 18, 2008)
- Author, Protecting IP Rights, Royaltie$ (May 27, 2008)
- Author, Changes In Legal Personnel, Royaltie$ (April 22, 2008)
- Author, Assessing Trademark Protection, Royaltie$ (March 7, 2008)
- Speaker, "Opening Move: A Primer on Trademark Cease and Desist Letters," Practical Law, (October 2014)
- Speaker, Protecting Your Client's Image: The Use of Intellectual Property Law to Represent a Client's Business and Personal Interests, University of Miami School of Law 15th Annual Entertainment & Sports Law Symposium (April 2012).
- Speaker, Celebrity Branding/Licensing: Domestic and International Business and Legal Considerations, American Bar Association Entertainment & Sports Law Forum Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada (October 2010)
- Panelist, Fordham University School of Law panels on Entertainment, Intellectual Property and Brand Protection
- New York State Bar Association
- Named as leading trademark lawyer by World Trademark Review (2014-2015)
- Named by Legal 500 US as being among the leading Intellectual Property, Copyright lawyers in the U.S. (2012-2014 editions)
- Named as a “Super Lawyer” in the area of Intellectual Property by Super Lawyers – New York Metro (2008-2014)
- Named among Top 100 Lawyers in New York City by Super Lawyers - New York Metro (2013-2014)
- Named as #3 Trademark Attorney in the U.S. by Trademark Insider (2009)
- Named by Legal 500 – Intellectual Property, Technology, Media & Telecoms US as being among the leading Intellectual Property lawyers in the United States (2007, 2008)
- Named by Legal 500 – Litigation as being among the leading Intellectual Property lawyers in the United States (2007)