Kenneth A. Schulman
7 Times Square
New York, NY 10036-6569
Ken Schulman actively practices in the areas of licensing, intellectual property, celebrity and corporate brand development and protection, litigation/arbitration, and general commercial and corporate counseling.
In the course of his practice, Ken regularly represents companies, celebrities and other licensors in connection with the licensing, exploitation and protection of their intellectual property rights. Ken also represents an extensive list of licensees in their licensing or other acquisition of branded properties and in developing business relationships with celebrities and other owners of trademarks in the commercial and entertainment areas. Ken handles copyright and trademark litigations and general corporate and commercial litigations. Ken's practice encompasses clients in many fields, with a specialty in the textile, fashion, entertainment and related industries.
Ken is a 1977 graduate of St. John’s University School of Law, where he was a member of the St. John’s Law Review (1975-77) and the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Contracts.
- Kreindler & Relkin, PC, Partner (1982-99)
- Author: Defamation of Public Figures and Private Persons: Times v. Sullivan Revisited, New York Supplement
- American Arbitration Association's "Arbitration Day"
- New York State Bar Association seminars
- National Convention of Commercial Finance Attorneys Association
- Visiting Lecturer on Arbitration at New York University Law School (1996-97)
- New York State Bar Association, Member, Committee on Arbitration (1989-92)
- Lawyers Association of the Textile and Apparel Industries, Vice President (1984-91)
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member, Committee on Arbitration (1982-85)
- Named Attorney of the Year in the Apparel Industry by The Mann Foundation (2008)
- Member of Volunteer Team at Ronald McDonald House in New York City, organizing and running weekly events for patients residing in the house and their families
- Pro bono legal work for Ronald McDonald House