Ronald H. Shechtman
Managing Partner email@example.com
7 Times Square
New York, NY 10036-6569
Ronald H. Shechtman is Pryor Cashman’s Managing Partner and Chair of the firm’s Labor and Employment Group.
Ron represents diverse clients in labor-management relations matters and in employment matters dealing with the increasing legal complexity of today’s workplace. He litigates labor-management, EEO, wrongful discharge, ERISA and related matters and assists clients in developing strategies to mitigate exposure to litigation and liability arising from the employment relationship.
Ron has been named as a “Super Lawyer” as well as one of "The Best Lawyers In America" in the area of Labor and Employment Law, and he frequently lectures and publishes in this area. He is on the faculty of New York University Law School, where he has taught labor law courses. In addition, he is a board member of the Law School’s Center for Labor and Employment Law.
Ron also represents many different companies, non-profit organizations and artists in the entertainment, insurance and restaurant industries, among others. He is active on a pro bono basis with a number of non-profit organizations, primarily in the performing arts.
As Pryor Cashman’s Managing Partner, Ron focuses on enhancing client relationships, attracting and retaining top legal talent to serve clients, and developing the firm’s strategic direction. Since assuming the role in 2007, Ron has focused on preserving a culture at Pryor Cashman which fosters collegiality and an entrepreneurial spirit, allowing partners independence in how they develop and maintain their practices. The firm has recently been named by The American Lawyer as one of the forty “hot” mid-sized firms in the United States and by Crain’s New York Business as one of the fifty best places to work in New York City.
Ron is frequently called upon by the press to comment upon labor and employment, law firm and other matters. To read samples of such press coverage, please click here.
Ron is a 1972 graduate of New York University School of Law, where he was an Arthur Garfield Hays Fellow and Editor of the New York University Law Review. He has been a member of its faculty since 2004. Ron received his B.A. from Amherst College.
Ron is AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale Hubbell’s highest peer recognition for ethical standards and legal ability.
- Gordon & Shechtman, P.C., Partner (1972-85)
- Author, Size Matters: Managing the Mid-Size Firm For Success in Any Economy, New York Law Journal (2012)
- Contributing Author, Building and Maintaining Client Relationships – Leading Lawyers on Attracting New Clients, Developing Effective Marketing Techniques, and Establishing a Strong Reputation. Authored chapter on “Providing Value and Superior Client Service in an Era of Cost Pressure.” Aspatore Books (September 2010)
- Author, Public Sector Labor Relations, PLI (1982)
- Author, Collective Bargaining in Higher Education, City College of the City University of New York (1979)
- Author, Casenote, Hebtoff v. lchord, 46 New York University Law Review (1971)
- Panelist, Are Public Sector Employees Overpaid?”, New York University School of Law’s 65th Annual Conference on Labor Panel, Manhattan (June 2012)
- Panelist, Cutting Back: Collective Bargaining in the Public Sector, New York University School of Law’s 64th Annual Conference on Labor Panel, Manhattan (June 2011)
- Panelist, The Changing Role of the Managing Partner for the Mid-Sized Firm; Striking the Balance between Leadership, Management and Client Relationships, Law Firm Leadership and Economic Forum, New York CIty (October 2010)
- Moderator, Card-Check Certification and Interest Arbitration, New York University School of Law’s 62nd Annual Conference: Labor and Employment Law Initiatives and Proposals In The Obama Administration, Manhattan (June 2009)
- Speaker, Defending Unions, New York University School of Law, Manhattan (February 2008)
- Moderator, From a Defined Benefit to a Defined Contribution World, New York University School of Law’s 59th Annual Conference on Labor Panel, Manhattan (May 2006)
- New York University School of Law, Adjunct Professor of Labor Law (2004-present)
- Center for Labor and Employment Law at New York University School of Law, Board of Directors
- Free Speech and Association Advisory Committee to the Board of the American Civil Liberties Union, Member
- Labor and Employment Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City, Member
- The Creative Coalition, Board of Directors
- Named by The Best Lawyers In America as one of the leading attorneys in Labor & Employment Law (2013 edition)
- Named as a "Super Lawyer” in Employment & Labor Law by Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition magazine (2009 and 2010 editions)
- Named as a “Super Lawyer” in the area of Employment & Labor Law by New York Super Lawyers – Metro Edition magazine (2008-12 editions)