Luisa K. Hagemeier
Of Counsel firstname.lastname@example.org
7 Times Square
New York, NY 10036-6569
Luisa Hagemeier joined Pryor Cashman's Real Estate Litigation Group in 2007. She has successfully litigated a broad range of commercial disputes in state and federal courts at the pre-trial, trial and appellate levels, and has conducted numerous arbitrations before panels of the American Arbitration Association (AAA), New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), JAMS and the Association of the Bar of the City of New York (ABCNY).
Immediately prior to joining Pryor Cashman, she was the Assistant General Counsel in charge of commercial litigation for the New York Daily News and U.S. News & World Report.
Luisa is a 1991 magna cum laude graduate of New York University School of Law, where she was Order of the Coif. Luisa was on the New York University Law Review (Executive Editor, 1990-91; Staff, 1989-90), won Am. Jur. Awards in Bankruptcy and Contracts, and received the Herb & Rose Rubin Award for Best Law Review Note on a Commercial Topic.
- Daily News, L.P. and U.S. News & World Report, L.P., Vice President & Assistant General Counsel (2004-07)
- Hoguet Newman & Regal, LLP, Associate (1999-2004)
- Kings County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney, Appeals Bureau (1995-97)
- Lawyers For Children, Counsel (1993-94)
- U.S. District Judge Robert W. Sweet, S.D.N.Y., Judicial Law Clerk (1991-92)
- Davis Polk & Wardwell, Summer Associate (1990)
- Co-Author (with Todd Soloway), ʻRoberts’: Issues Yet to Be Decided, Part II, New York Law Journal, December 19, 2012
- Co-Author (with Todd Soloway), Post-‘Roberts’: How Issues ‘Yet to Be Decided’ Were Decided, New York Law Journal, August 29, 2012
- Co-Author (with Todd Soloway), Applying ILSA to Sales of Condominium Units, New York Law Journal, January 11, 2011
- Co-Author (with Todd Soloway), Construction Lenders: Keep Your Priorities Straight!, New York Law Journal, November 9, 2011
- Co-Author (with Todd Soloway), Applications to Appoint Temporary Receivers, New York Law Journal, August 17, 2011
- Co-Author (with Todd Soloway), Current Conditions in the Real Estate Mezzanine Market, Real Estate Finance & Investment, May 31, 2010
- Author, The Case Against Class Proofs of Claim in Bankruptcy, 66 N.Y.U.L. Rev. 897 (1991).
- Speaker, The Ethics Game Show, New York City Bar Association (June 2012
- Speaker, Don’t Break the Rules: the Uniform Rules of New York State Supreme Court, New York CIty Bar Association (June 2012)
- Brooklyn Law School, Associate Assistant Adjunct Professor, Upper Level Discovery Workshop (2003-04)
- Member, Board of Directors, Judges and Lawyers Breast Cancer Alert (2013)
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member, Committee on New York Courts of Superior Jurisdiction (2010-13); Committee On Professional & Judicial Ethics (2003-06)