Bradley A. Kaufman
7 Times Square
New York, NY 10036-6569
Bradley A. Kaufman is a member of Pryor Cashman's Real Estate Group, where he focuses on commercial office, retail, and industrial leasing transactions. For more than 25 years, Mr. Kaufman has been responsible for acquisition, leasing and financing transactions aggregating many millions of square feet, representing owners and tenants in New York City and nationally. For a representative sample of some of Mr. Kaufman's transactions, please click here.
Mr. Kaufman has been a lecturer at New York Law School on negotiating techniques (1996, 1997, 1998), faculty chair for the International Council of Shopping Centers (2002), a panel member at conferences sponsored by the American Corporate Council Association (2002) and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (2010, 2011), a lecturer at Practicing Law Institute symposiums and seminars, has been selected as an expert panelist by the New York Law Journal and Newmark & Company Real Estate, Inc. on negotiating commercial leases (1994, 1996) and has been a regular host and speaker for New York State Bar Association events since 2000.
Mr. Kaufman has also authored numerous book and leasing manual chapters, including in the 2003 version of the ALI-ABA Lease Negotiation Handbook, the Retail Leases chapter of the 2011 and 2004 versions of the NYSBA Commercial Leasing Handbook, and articles in various publications on a wide range of topics in the commercial and retail leasing field, including an annual article in the New York Law Journal on leasing trends in the New York marketplace. He is frequently called upon by the press to comment upon real estate and leasing matters. To read samples of such press coverage, please click here.
Mr. Kaufman is a prior co-chair of the New York State Bar Association's Real Property Section, Commercial Leasing Committee (2002-2012).
Mr. Kaufman is AV Peer Review Rated, Martindale Hubbell’s highest peer recognition for ethical standards and legal ability.
- Author, Projecting Leasing Trends For 2010, New York Law Journal, January 19, 2010
- Author, City Leasing Trends: Recapping and Projecting – Amid the breathtaking drop and looming negativity, surprising activity and opportunity, New York Law Journal, January 12, 2009
- Author, A Tale of Two Years: Following The Boom Of Early 2007, Activity Slowed By Year's End, New York Law Journal, January 14, 2008
- Author, Out of Control: Commercial Leasing Reaches New Heights in 2006, New York Law Journal, January 16, 2007
- Author, In Commercial Leasing, Midtown Market Remains Robust, New York Law Journal, January 17, 2006
- Author, Retail Leases chapter, NYSBA Commercial Leasing Handbook (2004 - updated in 2011)
- Author, Leasing chapters, ALI-ABA Lease Negotiation Handbook (2003)
- Panelist, Transactional Due Diligence, AICPA National Real Estate Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada (November 2010) and Scottsdale, Arizona (November 2011)
- Speaker, Annual Market Review for Commercial Leasing, New York State Bar Association 2010 Annual Meeting, Real Property Law Section, New York City (January 28, 2010)
- Lecturer, Negotiating Techniques, New York Law School
- Faculty Chair, International Council of Shopping Centers
- Panel member for American Corporate Council Association, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Lecturer at Practicing Law Institute (PLI) symposiums and seminars
- Expert Panelist, Negotiating Commercial Leases, New York Law Journal and Newmark & Company Real Estate, Inc.
- New York State Bar Association, Co-Chair of the Commercial Leasing Committee of the Real Property Law Section (2002-Present)
- American Bar Association
- Real Estate Board of New York
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Named as a “Super Lawyer” in the area of Real Estate by Super Lawyers – Corporate Counsel Edition magazine (2010 edition)
- Named as a “Super Lawyer” in the area of Real Estate by New York Super Lawyers – Metro Edition magazine (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 editions)
- Named a Real Estate “All Star” in Real Estate Weekly’s published listing of “2008 All Stars” (2008 edition)
- Named among the most highly recommended attorneys in Real Estate Law by PLC’s Which Lawyer? Yearbook (2008 edition)
- Participant, Advanced Commercial Leasing Institute at Georgetown University Law Center (April 2009)
- Participant, Executive Leadership Program at Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University (November 2004)