Lisa M. Buckley
7 Times Square
New York, NY 10036-6569
Lisa M. Buckley is an experienced complex-commercial and intellectual property litigator who has been practicing for over 20 years. Her litigation practice is diverse and includes representing clients securities class actions, SEC investigations, State Attorney General investigations, corporate internal investigations, a vast array of contract disputes, shareholder and LLC membership disputes, real and personal property disputes, employment and trade secret disputes, copyright disputes, trademark and unfair competition disputes, rights of privacy and publicity disputes and adversary proceedings in bankruptcy courts. She has litigated in federal and state courts around the country as well as before a variety of ADR forums, including JAMS, the AAA, and the ICC.
In addition to representing clients in litigations, Lisa also counsels clients in connection with copyright and trademark licensing.
- Successful representation of former CEO and CFO of publicly-traded Sunbeam Corporation in SEC investigation and private securities litigation under Rule 10b-5.
- Successful representation of former CEO and Chairman of publicly-traded Elan Pharmaceuticals Corporation in SEC investigation and defending private securities litigation.
- Successful representation of individuals and corporations in nonpublic SEC investigations concerning allegations of stock price manipulation and insider trading and tipping resulting in favorable settlement.
- Successful representation of several corporations and corporate officers in SEC investigations concerning allegations of insider trading, tipping, stock manipulation and other alleged fraudulent schemes under Rule 10b-5.
- Representation of public corporation in internal investigation concerning actions of CEO.
- Successful representation of board of a REIT in a class action securities lawsuit.
- Successful representation of major record company in NY State Attorney General’s investigation of possible antitrust violations.
- Representation of major and independent music publishers in copyright infringement claim against notorious file-sharing provider resulting in prompt multi-million dollar settlement.
- Representation of hotel owner against hotel conglomerate for breach of contract resulting in $44 million judgment after nine week bench trial.
- Successful representation of public corporation in an action against former employees and their new employer for trade secrets misappropriation, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties and aiding and abetting same.
- Successful representation of inventor of medical technology against corporate acquirer for failure to use commercially reasonable efforts to market the device thereby depriving inventor of royalties based on sales resulting in multi-million dollar arbitration award after six week arbitration.
- Successful representation of several publicly traded corporations in NYSE and FINRA investigations.
- Successful representation of investment advisor in class action for alleged securities fraud. settlement
- Representation of logistics provider in an arbitration against national grocery chain for breach of contract to pay for services rendered during labor strike resulting in a $20 million settlement.
- Successful representation of celebrity entrepreneur in breach of contract action against a major, publicly traded distributor of premium liquors.
- Successful representation of online news provider against claims of copyright infringement for use of photographs in connection with related news stories about artist.
- Representation of buyer of an advertising business in securities fraud action against the sellers resulting in multi-million dollar settlement.
- Named a “Super Lawyer” in Intellectual Property Litigation by Super Lawyers – New York Metro (2013, 2014)