Richard L. Kay
7 Times Square
New York, NY 10036-6569
Richard L. Kay joined Pryor Cashman in 1987 as the partner in charge of the Trusts and Estates Group and continues in that capacity. He is experienced in all aspects of financial and estate planning and trust and estate administration, as well as litigation relating to will contests, disputed accounting proceedings and similar matters.
Richard has broad experience in representing a diverse client base including wealthy family groups, individuals and corporate executives and has considerable expertise representing estates and individuals with significant literary assets. He has received numerous appointments in Surrogate's Court, New York County and New York Supreme Court as Guardian ad litem.
- Panelist, Essentials Of Estate Planning, New York Society of Security Analysts’ Private and Wealth Committee, Manhattan (March 2006)
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, Member, Trusts and Estates section - Chair of Special Comittee concerning issues of elder fraud and abuse
- United Jewish Appeal – Federation of Jewish Philanthropies of New York, Inc., member of the Board of Directors, Chairman of the Legal and Tax Panel and involved in the planned giving area
- Cornell University Council, member
- Weill Cornell Medical College, member of the Planned Giving Professional Advisory Council
- Named by The Best Lawyers In America as one of the leading attorneys in Trusts and Estates Law (2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 editions)
- Named as “Super Lawyer” in Estate Planning & Probate by New York Super Lawyers – Metro Edition magazine (2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 editions)