Edward C. Normandin
7 Times Square
New York, NY 10036-6569
Edward Normandin devotes his practice to counseling clients on general corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, public and private debt and equity financing transactions, joint ventures, securities law compliance, venture capital financing, corporate formation and governance. He has handled complex domestic and international transactions for Pryor Cashman’s diverse client base.
Ed has represented clients at every stage of development, with such clients ranging from start-up ventures to publicly traded corporations engaged in a wide range of industries, including pharmaceutical, advertising and media, entertainment, energy, manufacturing software and health services, among many others.
Prior to joining Pryor Cashman in 2000, Ed practiced law with a New Jersey firm where, in addition to his current areas of focus, he represented corporate borrowers and financial institutions in bank lending transactions and counseled clients in technology-related transactions.
Before he became an attorney, Ed served as an active-duty officer in the United States Army and held finance-related positions at several large corporations.
Ed is a 1998 graduate of the State University of New York at Buffalo Law School, where he also earned a Certificate of Concentration in Financing Transactions. Ed has a B.S. in Economics from Siena College and an M.B.A. from Bryant University, where he had a concentration in finance.
- Giordano, Halleran & Ciesla, P.C., Associate (1998-2000)
- Co-author, SEC’s Proposed Roadmap To Adopting International Financial Reporting Standards (Replacing U.S. GAAP), Pryor Cashman Legal Update, January 2009
- Author, SEC Provides 2nd Year Observations on Executive Compensation Disclosure, Pryor Cashman Legal Update, November 2008
- Co-author (with Robert C. Lamonica), SEC Issues Important Guidance on the Use of Company Web Sites, Pryor Cashman Legal Update, October 2008
- Co-author, SEC Proposes Change from U.S. GAAP to International Standards, Pryor Cashman Legal Update, September 2008
- Co-author, Mandatory Internet Proxy Rules, Bloomberg Corporate Law Journal, Winter 2008
- Co-author (with David Parsly), SEC Adopts Amendments to Rule 144 and New Rules to Simplify Disclosure by Small Public Companies, Pryor Cashman Legal Update, November 2007
- Co-author (with Megan Penick), SEC Proposes Rules To Simplify Disclosure Obligations Of Small Public Companies, Pryor Cashman Legal Update, August 2007
- Co-author, "Say on Pay" Shareholder Proposals Gain Momentum In 2007, Pryor Cashman Legal Update, July 2007
- Named among top M&A lawyers in the U.S. by Legal 500 U.S. 2012
- From 1989 until 2002, Ed served as an officer in the U.S. Army, including as a lieutenant in the field artillery during Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm